Many years ago I purchased a little book…
There are 432 things to do for yourself and others that just might make this the best Christmas ever.
I haven’t read the book cover to cover in many years but every year I pull it out and just flip through it to get some ideas and have some laughs.
Here are a few that I enjoy:
- #169 – Stock your freezer with meals for the holidays by doubling or tripling recipes for spaghetti sauce, casseroles, and other foods that freeze well.
- #80 – Remember that the best solution for holiday blues is to do something for someone else.
- #36 – Try at least one new recipe and one new decorating idea.
- #165 – Tie a red plaid bow on your pet’s collar.
Antlers work too.
One of my all time favorites – because my father read it to us when we were young.
- #248 – Read to your family “ The Gift of the Magi” by O’Henry.
- #278 – Read “The Littlest Angel” by Charles Tazwell to a child.
My grandmother gave this to me when I was 3 or 4. I still have the book and it means so much to me.
I will continue to post some of these in the next few weeks. They make you stop and think about why we do what we do at this time of year. I think in many cases we need to step back and remember what we need from the Holidays and what is really important in our lives.